Issue: No Billing or Authentication or Job Verification pop-up is received by a user when printing a job through Print Manager Plus.
- No Pop-up message is received and the job does not print.
- No Pop-up message is received and the job prints out anyways.
This article applies to Print Manager Plus 2010, as well as the End User Inquiry Tool and Client Billing Module.
Cause & Solutions:
1. The End User Inquiry Tool or Client Billing Module is not Installed:
In order for end user's to receive print job notifications from Print Manager Plus, they must have the End User Inquiry Tool (EUIT) and Client Billing Module (CBA) installed and running on their computer.
This tool is a free utility available for download on Print Manager Plus Support - Software Support Utilities Page:
EUIT (End User Inquiry Tool) - http://www.printmanager.com/support/?s=faqs&cat=10&logo=pmp
CBA Module (Client Billing Module) - http://www.printmanager.com/support/?s=faqs&cat=9&logo=cba
2. The EUIT / CBA Module is not Running on the Workstation:
If the EUIT / CBA Module is installed, it must be verified that it is successfully running in the background.
3. The Windows Firewall, or other Firewalls are Blocking Communications:
Print Manager Plus requires port 48100 for TCP must be open on the workstations in order to send notifications to the EUIT or Client Billing Module.
Windows XP Firewall:
Windows Vista Firewall:
Windows 7 Firewall:
Managing Windows Firewall Settings by Domain, or Organizational Unit Using Group Policy:
Opening Port TCP: 48100 for Windows Firewall via Command Line:
netsh firewall set portopening protocol = TCP port = 48100 name = PMPEUIT
Mac OS X v10.5 and Later: Configuring the Application Firewall:
Other Software Firewalls:
Refer to existing documentation and support from your software vendor.
Network Device Firewalls and Routers:
Contact your network Administrators or hardware vendors for information on opening TCP traffic between your Print Server and workstations.
4. Verify the print job is actually spooling on the server:
In order for end user's to receive print job notifications from Print Manager Plus the job must be spooling on the print server itself. Verify that this is the case:
- Pause the shared printer on the server side.
- Send a print job from the workstation which is not receiving a verification pop-up.
- You should see a single job paused in the printer's queue on the server like so.
If that is not the case you will need to resolve that before Print Manager Plus can send the notification to the client machine.
5. Print Manager Plus is not set to prompt for Client Billing or Authentication or Job Verification:
Print Manager Plus must be set to prompt for a Client or Authentication or Job Verification in order for the pop-up to appear:
- In Print Manager Plus, Double click the printer you would like to enable the pop-up on.
- Select "Authentication" from the left-hand menu
- Check the appropriate radio button for Authentication or Client Billing that you would like to enable.
- If using Job Verification, select "Verification" from the left-hand menu and then enable Job Verification.
6. Make sure you have clients setup and active in Print Manager Plus
In order to prompt for a client account, you must have at least one active client in Print Manager Plus.
- In Print Manager Plus, go to the Client Billing Tab.
- If there are no clients listed, create a new client.
- If there are clients listed, make sure at least one of them has the status of Active.
In the event none of the aforementioned causes and solutions resolved your issue. Please follow the following steps to provide support with valuable information to assist in trroubleshooting further.
- Print a Job that is being restricted, but you are not receiving notification on.
- Document the Workstation Name, IP Address, Username, Print Name, and Time Job was Sent.
- From the Print Server send the Print Manager Plus service Log files.
Log File Name: PQService_(day of the week_1.log
Log File Location - 32Bit System: C:/Windows/System32
Log File Location - 64Bit System: C:/Windows/SysWow64
- Send it all to WorldWideSupport@PrintManager.com