Running a Primary installation of Print Manager Plus on Windows 2012, Windows 8, or Windows 10 fails with an internet connection error.
Windows couldn't connect to the Internet to download the necessary files. Make sure that you're connected to the Internet, and click "Retry" to try again.
There was an error during the Windows Features configuration process. Your original configuration will be restored.
MSI Setup Log Errors:
Product: Print Manager Plus -- Error 4178. Windows could't connect to the Internet to download necessary files. Make sure that you're connected to the Internet, and click "Retry" to try again.
Product: Print Manager Plus -- Error 4180. There was an error during the Windows features configuration process.
Your original configuration will be restored.
CustomAction AI_WinOptFeaturesConfig returned actual error code 1603
- Operating Systems: Windows 8\8.1 or Windows Server 2012\2012 R2
- No Available Internet Connection
- Security Update 2966828 or 2966827 has been installed.
- Only occurs when 'Primary Installation' was chosen
- Installing .NET 3.5 manually from 'Add Roles and Features Wizard' also fails
When no internet connection is available or the aforementioned security updates have been installed then this windows feature can be installed from the Windows Server 2012 R2 installation media using the following Powershell command.
Install-WindowsFeature –name NET-Framework-Core –source D:\sources\sxs
Replace "D" with the drive your installation ISO or DVD is mounted at.
Once .Net 3.5 has been installed, you can resume your installation of Print Manager Plus.
The following references were used in the creation of this article.
- Security Update 2966827
- Security Update 2966828
- Attempting to Install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows Server 2012 R2 Fails with Error Code 0x800F0906 or “the source files could not be downloaded”, even when supplying source
- Update for the .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 R2